When the days get hot taking a cold shower or looking for the shade of some trees is a relief. When temperatures increase, our skin starts to dry out but moisturizing it can become problematic. How many of you are willing to spread oils and butter after a refreshing shower with outside 35-40 °C (95-104 °F)? I’m not one of them. In summer, I need something to hydrate my skin without greasing it. That’s why I created a simple DIY body lotion for summer using only two ingredients: aloe vera gel and sweet almond oil, very simple and effective. I’ve been using it for about a month and I decided to share it with you because it’s really top quality!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. By clicking through them and making a purchase, I may receive a small commission WITHOUT any additional cost to you.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: All information presented on this website is for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and is not intended to be a substitute or replacement for any medical treatment. Please seek the advice of a healthcare professional for your specific health concerns. Individual results may vary.Gabi
Skincare for summer | DIY Body Lotion with 2 ingredients
To make this DIY body lotion, I chose to use aloe vera gel and sweet almond oil but the choice was not by chance.
- Aloe vera gel is my favorite ingredient in DIY recipes. It is perfect for many natural remedies for both hair and skin. Read my article about the 7 uses of aloe vera gel in the beauty routine. Aloe Vera contains many nutrients including minerals, sugars, fatty acids, and amino acids. Its benefits are countless, showing anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and even antioxidant properties. It also has healing properties and is often used to soothe burns or accelerate wound healing. In this recipe, I wanted to benefit from its nourishing and refreshing properties, which will act as a kind of after-sun to help the skin rebalance itself after exposure to the sun’s rays. If you want to know how to make at home Aloe vera gel, check this article were I described two easy ways. Choose the one that fits your needs!
- I chose sweet almond oil instead as a moisturizer. In summer, it is preferable to use light oils that are quickly absorbed and do not stick to the skin. This is why sweet almond oil is ideal. Alternatively, I recommend rice oil, jojoba oil, or argan oil.
DIY Body Lotion with 2 ingredients | Procedure
To achieve this we will need
- 2 parts aloe vera gel (you can find it here)
- 1 part sweet almond oil (find it here)
- a glass spray container (find it here)
We combine the ingredients in a glass bowl. Mix with a teaspoon and pour it into a container with spray dispenser. The lotion is ready and it only took a few minutes.
To use it you will need to shake it vigorously before use because aloe vera and oil are not so good friends and are difficult to mix. Once shaken, apply a little amount of lotion to wet skin and massage in with circulatory movements. Rinse and your skin will be soft and hydrated even in summer!
Try to make it and share your photos on Instagram! I am curious to see the result.
HEY! Don’t miss my FREE Natural Skincare challenge! Make an entire morning routine with only a few ingredients!!
If you like my content, help me with a small donation. With your support, I would like to buy new ingredients and create original healthy beauty products! Thank you 🙂