Hi, beauties! Do you know what I thought in these days? That, although I make a lot of products for my husband, I have never shared them on my blog. I’ve been concentrating a lot on women’s skincare products. I don’t know exactly why but I want to make it up to you! Today, I want to make men’s face moisturizer.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. By clicking through them and making a purchase, I may receive a small commission WITHOUT any additional cost to you.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: All information presented on this website is for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and is not intended to be a substitute or replacement for any medical treatment. Please seek the advice of a healthcare professional for your specific health concerns. Individual results may vary.Gabi
Men’s face moisturizer
Is there a difference between male and female skin?
Well yes! Although the structure of the skin is the same between man and woman, there are some parameters that differentiate us. Read here more.
Men’s facial skins are subjected to repeated stress due to continuous shaving. So the skin tries to “protect itself” in some way and that’s why it looks thicker than women’s facial skin. This makes men’s facial skin in need of continuous hydration and face-creams or oils are a must!
Men’s facial skin is richer in collagen, which explains why they have beautiful skin with few wrinkles! With all my envy. >.<‘
Due to the higher production of hormones, men’s facial skin appears more oily than women’s faces. Because of this, it would be (in my opinion) better to avoid heavy oils in formulations by preferring light or medium oils. We will see this in detail later.
Men’s face moisturizer: How to do it
The ingredients for 50g (1.76Oz) are:
- 77% | Ionized water 38.5g (1.36Oz) Amazon
- 5% | Glycerin 2.5g (0.08Oz) Amazon, Dragonspice
- 0.4%| Xanthan gum 0.2g (0.007Oz) Amazon, Dragonspice
- 5% | Emulsifier 2.5g (0.08Oz) (I used Olivem 1000) Amazon, or Dragonspice
- 2% | Avocado oil 1g (0.035Oz)Amazon, Dragonspice
- 1% | Shea Butter 0.5g (0.017Oz) Amazon, Dragonspice
- 3% | Jojoba oil 1.5g (0.053Oz)Amazon, Najoba DE
- 5% |Gel aloe vera 2.5g (0.08Oz) (you find it here)
- 1% |Tocopherol – Vit E 0.5g (0.017Oz) Amazon, Dragonspice
- 0.6%|Preservative 0,3g (0.01Oz) Amazon, Dragonspice
- 0.6%|Panthenol 0,3g (0.01Oz) Amazon, Dragonspice
In this cream, I decided not to use fragrances or essential oils since my husband’s skin is very sensitive.
- In a glass jar, weigh Xanthan Gum, and add glycerin. Mix the two ingredients with a teaspoon and leave it for a while.
- Add water into the glass jar containing Xanthan gum and glycerin, and mix them.
- In a second glass jar, weigh all the ingredients listed as Phase B such as oils, butter, and emulsifiers. Warm them up in a microwave or in a bain-marie till they are melted.
- Pour the phase B into A (both warmed).
- Mix the two phases using a hand blender and let the cream cool down.
- Add all the ingredients from Phase C into the cream and mix them.
- Check pH.
Now your cream is ready to be used. Of course, I re-used an old container to reduce unnecessary waste.
Just give it a try, I definitely recommend it! 🙂
If you want to start making your own beauty products from scratch, check my academy!
If you like my content, help me with a small donation. With your support, I would like to buy new ingredients and create original healthy beauty products! Thank you :).