Hello everyone! Today, I am going to share a new DIY recipe useful in winter. I do not know how the weather is in your cities but here in Germany it is raining and snowing! During these cold days, it is important to take care and protect our skin against the weather and it is for this reason that I formulated a face cream to moisturize it. Special guest in this recipe is an infusion of green tea that I used together with distilled water. Let’s prepare a green tea cream for winter!
affiliate disclosure: this post contains affiliate links about products that I tried and recommend. By clicking through them and making a purchase, I may receive a small commission WITHOUT any additional cost to you.Gabi
What you will need for Green Tea Cream for winter
If you want to know, how to formulate a face cream, click here. The ingredients for 100g are:
- Distilled water 72g (find it here)
- 1 green tea bag (find it here)
- Glycerin 5g (find it here)
- Xanthan gum 1g (find it here)
- Emulsifier 5g (I used olivem 1000) you can find it here
- Mango butter 1g (you can find it here)
- Avocado oil 1g (you can find it here)
- Coconut oil 2g (you can find it here)
- Sweet almond oil 2g (you can find it here)
- Jojoba oil 1g (you can find it here)
- olive oil 2g (you can find it in the kitchen 😀 )
- Gel aloe vera 5g (you find it here)
- Tocopherol – Vit E 1g (you can find it here)
- Preservative 0,6g (I used GeoGard) (you can find it here)
- fragrance a few drops (I used orange and lemongrass) (you can find it here)
1- In a glass jar, weigh the Xanthan Gum and add glycerin. Mix the two ingredients with a teaspoon and leave it for a while.
2- Warm up the distilled water and, once it’s hot, leave in infusion the green tea bag for 5 minutes. After this time, filter the infusion to remove suspensions and powder.
3- Add the green tea infused water into the glass jar containing Xantham gum and glycerin, and mix them.
4- In a second glass jar, weigh all the ingredients listed as Phase B such as oils, butters, and emulsifiers. Warm them up in a microwave or in a water bath till they are melted.
5- Pour the phase B into A (both warmed).
6- Mix the two phases using a minipimer. Let the cream cool down.
7- Add all the ingredients from Phase C into the cream and mix them.
Now your cream is ready to be used. I love this formula because I noted that my skin looks better. It is softer and plump but above all moisturized.
Just give it a try, I definitely recommend it! 🙂
If you like my content, help me with a small donation. With your support, I would like to buy new ingredients and create original healthy beauty products! Thank you :).