Do you want to surprise your friends with an authentic gift this Christmas? The best way to do that is to create gifts at home by making unique and original products. I think you don’t need to buy an expensive gift to make your friends and parents happy. We often forget that a personal and original touch could be enough to make a gift special, making that moment unforgettable. If you think so too, you can find more Christmas gift ideas here! Following this philosophy, I decided to make a Christmas DIY shower jelly. For this project you will only need your creativity and some ingredients you already have at home! So…let’s get started!
affiliate disclosure: this post contains affiliate links about products that can be used for this recipe.
What you will need:
- 1 package of gelatin (for food)
- 120 mL of hot water
- 80 mL of body wash (you can find it here)
- red food colouring (you can find it here)
- glitter (optional) (you can find it here)
DIY Christmas gift: Shower jelly | Procedure
Making a DIY shower jelly is incredibly easy. The main phase of the process are:
- Pour a packet of gelatine in hot water (almost at the boiling point)
- After mixing, add the liquid soap
- Mix the liquids together
- Leave the mixture cool it down for a while.
- Add some red food colouring to the mixture and keep stirring.
- To make the Christmas shower jelly, I used some old cup cake containers. From now on I will only use them for DIY projects and no longer in the kitchen. At this stage, pour some glitters inside the cup cake containers to make the shower jelly more Christmas-like.
- Pour the mixture into the mold and keep it in the fridge for more than 4 hours.
Once your DIY shower jelly is in the fridge, you have time to make a unique package. One original idea is to create a Christmas sleigh out of candy.
- Two kinder country and two candy canes.
- Fix the candy cane with scotch tape on the back of the kinder country. Do it twice.
- Put together the two pieces with other scotch tape on the back.
- Fix the front side with scotch tape.
Now you can put your DIY shower jelly on the candy Christmas sleigh🎅 and give it as the perfect Christmas gift!
I hope that you can feel inspired to create your personalised Christmas shower jelly!